Ask the SafetyWorks! Expert

Do you have a question about workplace safety and health?

Enter your question and name information below, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. If you are unable to send this form back to us electronically, you can fax it to 207-623-7934. Or you can call us with your question:

  • 207-623-7900 or
  • toll-free 1-877 SAFE 345 (1-877-723-3345)
  • TTY users call Maine Relay 711

The ask the expert service addresses topics and specific questions that are often asked of the Department of Labor.  Many additional answers to questions not addressed here may be obtained from other materials on this website or by calling the Department at  207-623-7900.  Depending on the nature of your inquiry, you may need to seek legal guidance from private counsel on questions of your obligations under the law.

Note: Items in bold are required.